Saturday, November 28, 2009
Well, another Thanksgiving has come and gone, and we have so much to be thankful for. God continues to bless The Greenwood Family beyond our wildest dreams! We are pretty much settled into our new home and getting ready to celebrate our first Christmas in our new place. This will be our first Christmas where we won't be traveling to see family. With Sophie's arrival being a month away, traveling wouldn't be much fun.
Josiah continues to grow more and more each day. It is so much fun watching him learn new things. He continues to understand more and more about his world around him. His vocabulary continues to expand along with his signing. He is such a joy to our lives and knows just when to be silly when we need a good laugh. God has truly blessed us with a wonderful son.
Sophie continues to grow within. She is so much more active than Josiah was in the womb. It makes me a little scared of what she is going to be like outside of the womb! We have ordered a few things for her nursery--bedding and changing table, so her room will start coming together. The church is throwing Sophie a baby shower next weekend. It is so nice to see the support of the church and their excitement for the newest Greenwood. Josiah is already loved tremendously by them, so we know Sophie will be, too.
I want to take a minute to write the things that I'm thankful for and will try to get Chris to do the same later.
1. My Salvation in Christ
2. My wonderful husband who goes above and beyond what most husbands do.
3. My children--the ones we are already blessed with and the ones that the Lord still has out there for us.
4. My church who is such an encouragement to me and my family.
5. My extended family who is there when we need them.
6. Our new home where we can gather as a family and find safety and security in this busy world and where we can do ministry to those who need to see Christ.
7. Being able to be a stay-at-home mom after 10 years in the making.
1. the opportunity to learn more and more about the wonderful woman God has blessed me with.
2. the wonder of being a dad to a terrific little boy and a soon to be out of the womb little girl.
3. the chance to finally be full-time and be able to focus on giving my life in full time ministry.
4. the honor of being entrusted to help lead and guide members of the next generation by their parents.
5. the amazing friends who continue to encourage and support us in so many ways.
6. the wonder of the God-man and Savior of the world, Jesus Christ.
Well, I guess it is time for me (us) to go. Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Well, we FINALLY have Rev. Chris Greenwood as part of our family. It has been a long journey, but know God's timing is perfect. I will be honest there were times when we were frustrated and even questioned if this is what we were supposed to be doing, but now that we are here when know that it is. Things have fallen into place over the past few months God has confirmed this is what we are supposed to be doing. The service on Sunday afternoon was very special. There are some pictures in the November album that capture the moment. We are so thankful for the support and encouragement of our church. They really out did themselves in making this day extra special for Chris.
We had a fun weekend with all of our parents. Josiah LOVED having his grandparents here playing with him and holding him none stop. I was a little worried that today was going to be a little difficult with him not having constant attention, but he has done a great job!
Today we went to Pumpkinville as a little family. We got to see all kinds of animals and even got to pet a few. There were some fun slides that Josiah and Daddy went down while Mommy captured the moment. The two boys also went into the bounce house and had a fun time. Josiah had a hard time standing up with his socks. His feet kept coming out from under him, and he thought it was absolutely funny! Again, there are plenty of pictures to enjoy in the November album from our trip to Pumpkinville, so take a minute to enjoy them.
Not much else is going on for the Greenwoods. We are going to enjoy our down time for a little bit before the holidays come and then the arrival of Sophie.
Thanks again for ALL the prayers lifted up on our behalf over the years. They are greatly appreciated!